Thursday 23 April 2015

Flies for Yorkshire

I'm off to Yorkshire on Sunday for three days fishing. Really looking forward to the adventure. In preparation I've been checking through my fly boxes for gaps. Being early in the season there aren't many; I have plenty of spiders, nymphs and dries; but I've lost one or two Klinkhamers and not tied many over the winter, so I thought I ought to stock up.

I haven't been entirely faithful to Hans van Klinken's original recipe but this version works well for me.

Hook: Daiichi 1160 S14
Thread: 30D GSP
Underbody: White Floss
Dubbing: Fly Rite Extra Fine Light Tan
Post: Aero Dry Wing White
Thorax: Peacock Herl Dyed Black
Hackle: Grizzle




After tying enough for the trip I had a play about with an emerger pattern. Andrew (Buzzerfan on FFF) kindly sent me some olive dyed heron herl some time ago which I have used to tie klinks with before but I decided to try a paraloop fly using the herl and the daiichi klink hook. I'm quite pleased with the result. I also intend to tie this smaller when I get the right hooks as I think a 16 is too big in this hook pattern for what I want. Anyway, here's the recipe and the pictures.

Hook: Daiichi 1160 S16
Thread: 30D GSP
Abdomen: Heron herl dyed olive
Rib: Flybox micro wire 0.09mm chartruse
Hackle: Grizzle dyed yellow
Thorax: Fly Rite Extra Fine Rusty Olive


Roll on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment