Friday 17 July 2015

JP Caddis Pupa (My version)

I finished tying some JP Caddis last night, a very effective fly introduced to me by Ben Lupton. In the past I have used tan and olive versions but I felt a version tied with orange sulphur coloured fly rite extra fine and a copper bead would work equally well (or better?!), so after restocking the standard colours I tied a batch of these. Ben and I chatted to the guys on the Fish-On stand at the BFFI earlier this year and in their view the most important part of the fly is to achieve a very distinct segmentation, so I have used brown flexifloss instead of wire to achieve that. 

 I'm yet to try them out but I expect them to work well. These are tied on 14s.




Hopefully I'll get a chance to try these at the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oof, very nice Tom, love that colour - great segmentation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben :) They worked well yesterday picking up several fish on the french leader including a nice 15" brownie from a weir pool.

    ReplyDelete