Monday 28 March 2016

A Few Spiders

A few classic spiders, Partridge and Orange, Snipe and Purple, Light Snipe and Waterhen Bloa. I don't have any moorhen wings at the moment so I subbed coot on the waterhen bloa, which is not ideal but Ben said he had some I could use so I'll tie some more when I get some. Hen blackbird breast can also be used as a sub but I've misplaced my pack, they have a nice brownish hue that I think looks good on a bloa.

I love the simplicity of a spider both to tie and how they look. Undoubted effectiveness as fishing flies too. I've no doubt these will take their fair share of fish.

Classic Spiders



The Light Snipe
Only a few days til the start of the season here, which is on 1st April. I have the day off work to make the most of opening day.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul, there's a few P&O in there. Some tied with pearsalls gold 6 a silk and some with Langleys old gold. Think I prefer the Pearsalls myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul, there's a few P&O in there. Some tied with pearsalls gold 6 a silk and some with Langleys old gold. Think I prefer the Pearsalls myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, I've had problems getting any snipe wing of good enough quality, who do you use? The last stuff I got from Phil Holding was definitely not good enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get mine from Cookshill Paul, need some more myself after tying this lot, don't get too many feathers on each wing unfortunately so they soon run out

      Delete